Wedding/Indian Attire/Party Make up Trousseau (Budget Compose)
I love when my friends and family ask me to suggest make up for them. In fact one of the most common queries that I receive in my mail box is regarding a budget make up trousseau and I end up replying almost the same thing, with some customization ofcourse as I know most of them personally. So I thought of doing a post on a Budget Makeup Trousseau.
These are the general queries I receive.
“What should I keep in my wedding make up box? I am a beginner and I don’t want to spend much”
“Could d u tell me the basic items to be bought for a nice make up to a wedding like which eyeliner/kohl lipstick brand, brand..medium priced ones, like the ones u can get from a health n glow outlet, there’s a family wedding this weekend. Want to get decked up.”
“Pls suggest a budget makeup options”
So all you ladies, hold your breath, here is my budget recommendation for a Wedding/ General Make Trousseau
Must Have For A Wedding Make up Box
1. Foundation: A good foundation (if your skin is looking right 80% of make up is done) and ensure that it matches your skin tone and is as per your skin type (dry/oily/combination)
2. Concealer: In case u have pigmentation around your eyes and mouth.
3. Lipsticks: A few Lipstick shades that go with almost all traditional Indian wear or medium skin tone our kind of complexions, red, corals, Fushia pinks and dusty roses work the best. These shades also go very good with traditional wears containing gold, copppers and bronzes.
4. Eye kohl/Kajal/Eye Liner: (You must ensure that this is smudge proof). Weddings are going to be hectic and you don’t want to look like a panda at the end of the day.
6. Mascara: Don’t you want to keep fluttering those lashes??!!!
7. Eye Shadow: Basic quad that has gold, beige, brown, copper- one cannot go wrong with these shades
7. Compaq: Shade should match the skin color, unlike the SA suggesting one fair powder that eventually ends up us looking like a goblin.
8. Blush: Oh, those hues of color pop on your cheeks are must. coral/deep rose/terracotta/red are suggested for medium skin. The fair girls can check out pinks.
Keeping in mind the mid-range and easy availability (Health n Glow/Shoppers Stop/Lifestyle) I suggest the following products and brands:
- Foundation-Revlon foundation photoready (one of the best drug store foundations and below 800). This is one place u can spend more and keep everything else budget. They have range for both dry and oily skin.
- Lakme 9-5/ Absolute
- Maybelline Dream Touch
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer- INR 655
- Colorbar Full Cover Concealer-INR 495
- Revlon Photo ready Concealer- INR 800
- Kajal- Lakme Eye Conic Black & Maybelline Colossal (INR 200 approx.)
- Mascara- Maybelline Colossal Volume Express (INR 200 approx.)
- Eye liner
- Maybelline gel eye liner- INR 300 (the best budget gel eyeliner)
- Lakme Absolute Precision Liquid Liner- INR 400
- Maybelline Eyestudio Allure Liquid Eyeliner:- INR 275
- Revlon Matte Lipstick : Really Red- INR 500
- Lakme 9-5 Scarlet,Lakme 9-5 Roseate Motive INR 375
- Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick Hook on pink INR 375
- Maybelline Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick- POP 6 INR 375
- Maybelline cheeky Glow-Coral/ Creamy Cinammon- INR 180 (Colorbar gives quality make up brushes)
- Eye Shadow-
- Maybelline Modern Mettalics eye shadow quad -Chai Latte- INR 240
- Maybelline Eye Studio Color Plush Silk Eye Shadow Give ME Gold- INR 375
- Build a customized palette from Inglot ( but the palette is expensive and Inglot stores are limited)
Well you can also check the Maybelline Wedding Boxes which is a new launch that contains most of the items.
Pic Courtesy: Bollywoodshaadi.com