Swatch Sushi: Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Polish
Hey Girls!! There are times when you feel so satiated and content of spending your weekend fruitfully. It could be just spick and span cleaning the house or shopping or spa or reading a book may be. This Saturday (yesterday), I almost did all of these- Visiting the salon for a new haircut (Ignoring the fact that I am now looking like an ancient Egyptian, see the pic below), shopping humongous amount of cosmetics and writing posts for the coming week, shopping veggies, getting Mad over Doughnuts for my Husband who is down with flu. All of these in just one day….WOW!! Pat pat on my back!!
Not only did I shop, but also swatched all the available shades of the latest Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Polish and L'Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Gloss, at the store, turning my hands and fist into a rainbow. Over and above, being alone, I made the SA click the pictures. I couldn’t carry my DSLR so all the pictures have been taken from my cell phone.
Maybeline Color Sensational Lip Polish has been launched in 15 exciting shades. They are mainly from the family of pinks and corals. I really like the packaging. The inner tube resembles a lipstick bullet. The shades when swatched appeared to be thick and opaque barring a few.
A Company Note on Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Polish:
Priced at INR 450, it’s a 3 in 1 Lip color that cares like a balm. Shines like a gloss and color's like a lipstick.
Why will it work?
- Soothing balm and Honey nectar: Cares and soothes the lips.
- Honey Essence Oil: The highly reflective oil delivers a polished shine.
- Ultra-concentrated pigments: Delivers potent color.
Exclusive smoothing angora brush delivers a polished, even application and smoothing sensation to lips.
A Trio of Concentrates:
- Potent Color Extracts: Pure saturated color pigments that provide deep intense color like a lipstick.
- Concentrated Liquid Balm: Moisturizing Liquid Conditioning Balm gets the lips ready for intensely Rich color. Gives a soft Cushiony feel & care to the lips.
- Glossy Shine Serum: Built-in glossy top-coat, that makes lips look fuller and more luscious.
- Specially designed Leaf-shaped applicator which makes application quick and precise.
I could find 14 shades in the store and here are they. Couldn’t resist from buying 3 out of them and shall review in detail soon.
Pls ignore the order :) as I am starting with the 14th shade! There are two categories- Glams & Pops.
- Shade 1 # GLAM 14: A warm peach with ultra-mild shimmer. Very pretty and shall compliment office wear. Yes, I purchased it.
- Shade 2 # GLAM 4: Pale peachy practically nude.
- Shade 3 # POP 1: Tangy orange shade
- Shade 4 # GLAM 12: Cool Toned Coral Pink Color
- Shade 5 # GLAM 16: Nude cool toned pink
- Shade 6 # GLAM 9: Hot pink. Will look exceptionally good on cool toned girls.
- Shade 7 # GLAM 1: Very pretty light peach with ultra-mild shimmers.
- Shade 8 # POP 6: Cool toned bright Tomato red. Contains a tinge of crimsonness. I have weak knee for reds. Picked up this for myself.
- Shade 9 # GLAM 13: Once again a peachy pink shade which is exceptionally pretty
- Shade 10 # POP 5: A very cool toned Fuscia pink. Contains no shimmer. Bought this one too.
- Shade 11 # GLAM 2: Hot pink but cooler than Glam 9. Contains a tinge on purple-ness which the camera couldn’t capture.
- Shade 12 # GLAM 3: Another variety from the orange family. Contains a amount of peach as well.
- Shade 13 # GLAM 6: Peachy pink with mild shimmers.
- Shade 14 # GLAM 7: Berry Plum Shade. This one was out of stock already.
Hope you enjoyed the swatch post and this will help you deciding if you wish to buy any of these. They are also available at Nykaa, Flipkart and Purple.