Review of Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in Shade 15
The word “rouge” strikes a few chords in my memory lane. One is of course the movie Moulin Rouge with Nicole Kidman dancing and singing at the top of her voice and then childhood days when aunts and elder cousins used to refer Blush as rouges! I really don’t know when the nomenclatures changed for me but in case I have to recall the word Rouge, I would rather recall only Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipsticks only.
“Shine wrapped colour with 10 hour hydration. It’s ready to wear formula is enriched with ¼ of pure laque for a radiant, glossy finish and orchid blossom extract so it glides onto the lips leaving them feeling smooth, hydrated and protected for up to 10 hours. A “must-have” lipstick for every woman’s make-up bag. Tested and approved by fashion lovers. Available in 18 fashionable shades from natural nudes to pretty pinks, colour-blocking corals and classic reds, there are so many to choose from! Stylish and sleek in design, it is the perfect fashion accessory for that trendsetting smile! “
INR 955 for 3.5 gm
- Packaging: The Lipstick case is surely classy and polished. The lid is black and the bottom shows through the actual shade. Hence, when staked up in my rack I find it really easy to spot without trying to figure out the shade name. The Branding is engraved on the black lid with “Rouge Edition” being clearly an eye catcher. Inside, the bullet comes with a tapered head unlike other lipsticks, which I find really comfortable while application. It gives a total control. Though now a days I have picked up the habit of applying a lipstick by a brush, this kind of bullet is really handy when I am in a hurry.
- Shade: I am really not sure why I picked up this shade. And later I lamented having one more red lipstick till I wore it on fine Saturday evening for a Shopping date with myself (yes, I prefer going shopping only alone or with my girlfriends or my sister or my Dad) . The shade was not a usual blue or yellow toned red. This is a perfect crimson/ raspberry red that I can usually relate to the sunset red. Hello!! Am I making any sense here??
- Texture: It’s one of the best textures that I have come across. Rather it’s the BEST texture I can ask for when it comes to non-matte hydrating lipsticks. In fact it’s so hydrating that it makes my lips look juicy and plum. The lipstick glides with not a single trace of dragging. Applies as uniformly as I can think of. The hand swatch might make it look sheer but believe me it’s not in case you go with the second swatch. In fact even the first swatch is quite enough to get the actual shade.
- Longevity: I am so impressed on this characteristic as well. It stays on lips till I remove it. But comes out effortlessly using a good quality make up remover.
- Perfect texture
- Opaque finish
- Long lasting on lips
- Sleek packaging
- Bullet shape very convenient for precise application
- Nothing but the price
(Ya ya..I know..thats my no make up look)