Review and Swatch of Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Polish in GLAM 14 & FOTD
This one is my favorite amongst the three I have bought. You can see all the shade swatches HERE.
Product Note by Maybelline:
Liquid color balm by Color Sensational
A TRIO of CONCENTRATES:
- Potent Color Extracts: Pure saturated color pigments that provide deep intense color like a lipstick.
- Concentrated Liquid Balm: Moisturizing Liquid Conditioning Balm gets the lips ready for Intensely Rich color. Gives a soft Cushiony feel & care to the lips.
- Glossy Shine Serum: Built-in glossy top-coat, that makes lips look fuller & more luscious.
Specially designed Leaf-shaped applicator which makes application quick & precise.
INR 450 per 5 ml
Well I am totally bowled by these lip polishes.
Well if you are confused about their positioning then let me tell you they are a thicker version of Maybelline’s Color Sensational High Shine Gloss.
Deep diving further, Glam 14 is a peachy Taupe shade with fine shimmer. I generally don’t like shimmery lip product, but this doesn’t bother me. It’s not frosty or over the board. There something there, that’s it.
The Peachy Taupe is so subtle and wearable to office without making me look lipless. It will suit all skin tones and shall be a perfect nude for girls with warm skin tone. It’s very similar to the shades that actresses like Rani Mukherjee and Bipasha Basu sport with Smokey eyes.
The lip gloss gives an opaque finish which adds another brownie point to its report card. On the staying power, I am yet again impressed. Generally lip polishes stay only for 2 hours or so on my lips. But this goes on for 3-4 hours including coffee sips. Can’t last meals though. But stain still remains for a very long time.
The lip polish is also very hydrating and do not require a lip balm underneath. The hydration remains even if the lip polish fades.
The packaging is very petite. I like the concept of the inner tube resembling a lipstick bullet to communicate that the product features do comprise the quality of a lipstick. The applicator is short and stout.
- Beautiful peachy taupe shade
- A perfect office wear
- Gives opaque finish
- Last 3-4 hours without touch up
- Well pigmented
- Comfortable packaging
- Decently priced
- As its thick and the quantity is the same standard 5 ml, I feel the product will get used up quickly (good, I can buy new stuff)
- Don’t know if they are a good option for summers
Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Polish in GLAM 14 is a perfect peachy taupe shade which will flatter all skin tones and shall be perfect nude for warm skin toned girls. The lip polish gives an opaque finish with a good 3-4 hours of lasting power which is quite something for a lip gloss. The packaging is small and easy. I would strongly recommend you to pick up your shade. There are 15 shades to choose from. Go garb yours. They are totally worth it.