Look Book Day 5: Blue Evening Make up- Teal Blue & Purple Smokey Eyes & Terracotta Lips
I know, I know..I skipped a day…but that’s because I told you I have joined back work. Also my in laws came yesterday…..See I am one of those few lucky woman who look forward to her in laws’ visit. I was totally excited and ended up cooking the entire dinner. Dum Gobi tamatar, Dal makhani & bengan ka bhurta and caramel custard. Burpppp!!!
Nevertheless, I have created a glamorous blue-purple smokey eye. Unlike the usual black/brown shadow to create the smokiness, I opted for the unusual shimmery purple and it came out pretty well. As I was too acid on eyes, went for a subdued lips- a rosy terracotta matte lip color.
Also because I wanted all the attention on the eyes, I kept hair away from face. Created a small retro bump on the crown and tied the hair into a bun. Didn’t go for any jewelry. Instead went for a rosey pink flower as a hair accessory.
- Inglot AMC Cream Foundation in Shade MW 103. Read review HERE.
- MAC Sheer Blush in Shade Pinch Me. Read review HERE.
- MAC Soft Ochre as an eye base
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick- 009 Blamed Blue. Read review HERE.
- Shimmery Purple Eye shadow-Inglot shadow in shade 377. Read review HERE.
- Inglot Eye Shadow in Shade 08 as a highlighter
- Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eye Liner. Read review HERE
- L’Oreal Million Volume Mascara
- Eye Lash Curler + Falsies
- Inglot AMC Lip Pencil in Shade 23 . Read review HERE
Eye Make up Tutorial:
- Apply an eye make-up base.
- Run the teal blue eye shadow all over the lid from the inner corner to the 3/4th of the lid. That is, leave the outer “V”. Also do not cross the cease.
- On the outer “V” apply the shimmery purple eye shadow to create a Smokey effect. Use the same purple shadow to blend the blue on the crease.
- Apply purple and blue eyeshadow on the bottom outer and inner lash line respectively.
- Use a gel eye liner to line the upper lash line and the bottom water line.
- Smoke out the kohl in the lower water line with a pencil brush or an ear bud.
- Highlight the inner eye corner and brow bone with pale golden eye shadow.
- Apply mascara and falsies, then flutter & smile :)