Traditional/ Contemporary Eye Make-up with Single Eye Shadow:
One thing I like most about Eye makeups are that there is no fixed rule to it except for few basic things like an eye primer or a concealer to cancel out the darkness and things like that. There are so many permutation and combination that can be done with the shadows and kohls that one can surely come out with different looks every time.
Today I have tried out a look with just one golden eye shadow. This look can be really useful in case you are in a wedding “mad house” where there is a total dearth of time and at times resources!!
- A black pencil liner that can be smudged or any gel eye liner. Though I have used MAC Solder Eye Kohl, I would prefer a black gel eye liner from Maybelline.
- Any Golden Eye Shadow. I have used MAC Amber Light
- Masacara. I have used Rimmel Glam Masacara.
- Eye liner to line your lower water line. I have used the same black pencil liner.
- Pencil brush, Flat Shader Brush and a fluffy dome brush. You can also use a sponge to smudge the kohl.
How to get the desired look:
- First and foremost always apply an eye primer or a concealer to cancel out the darkness on your eyelids and around the eye.
2. Apply the pencil liner on the upper lash liner.
3. Smudge the liner with a pencil bush or a sponge.
4. Using a flat shader brush apply the gold eye shadow on the entire lid. Blend the eye shadow at the crease with a fluffy dome brush using some more of the shadow.
5. Line your inner water line and the lower lash line with the eye pencil. Smudge the kohl in the lower lash line. With the pencil brush apply the gold eye shadow along the lower lash line
6. Apply 2-3 coats of mascara. I have also applied a falsy and there I go to rock the floor!!