Today I have come up with a very easy tutorial. I call it the “Journalist” eyes. You see, the actor-journalist in our Hindi movies looks somewhat like this- kohl rimmed eyes, nude lipstick, metal jhumkis. hair tied into a messy up-do and a cotton kurta paired with jeans . Agree or disagree??
But most us would admit that we love kohl rimmed eyes. Of course conditions applied- should not turn into panda eyes after a few hours. This is one of the easy ways of achieving it.
Products Used For The Look:
- Any peachy brown eye shadow. I have used the lightest shade from Inglot Rainbow 102 refill. Other examples would be Inglot 368 Matte
- Black Matte eye shadow like MAC Carbon
- Smudge-able Kohl like Lakme Absolute Kohl or MAC Smolder. I have used the former.
- Mascara & Curler
- A Flat Shader Brush, a pencil Brush (MAC 219) and a blending brush (MAC 217)
7 Easy Steps:
1. Apply and blend an eye primer or an eye shadow base.
2. With a flat shader brush pat the peachy brown shadow over the entire eye lid. Use the remaining eye shadow on the brush over the area above the eye lid. This would cancel out any remaining darkness and even out the area.
3. Now tight line the upper and lower water line with black eye kohl.
4. Line the upper lash line with the same kohl.
5. Smudge the kohl with a pencil brush with some black eye shadow. This will also help in keeping the kohl intact. Blend in case of any harsh lines with a blending brush.
6. Smudge the lower water line with the pencil brush and apply the black shadow in lower lash line as well with the same brush.
7. Curl Lashes and apply 2-3 coats of mascara. And here is the final look.