Hi Girls!! I am absolutely in love with this Smokey Purple eye make-up that Kareena Kapoor flaunted in Lakme Fashion Week 2012. The moment I came across this pic on the internet I knew I had to do this for you!!
- Apply an eye make-up base like an eye primer on the entire eye lid in order to cover the darkness. This will also help in lasting the eye shadow for a longer time and avoid creasing. You can also use a concealer.
2. Apply a matte brown color on the outer crease and blend it on the crease area towards inwards with a pencil brush and fluffy dome brush respectively.
3. Take a light purple color and apply it on the complete eyelid area below the crease with a flat shader brush.
4. Using the same fluffy dome brush apply a dark purple shade on the outer crease are and blend it on the crease area towards inwards.
5. Apply a matte black eye shadow on the outer crease and blend inwards only till one third of the cease. If you have very small eye lids like mine, restrict till the outer area only.
6. Use a pencil brush a apply the lighter purple shadow on the lower lash line followed by the darker shade (till one third portion).
7. Highlight the inner eye corner and brow bone area.
8. Apply kajal/ kohl to your lower water line.
9. Apply a liquid eye liner on the upper lash line and then mascara to the upper & lower lashes.Complete the look with a pair of falsies. This is completely optional though. And here you are ready to hit the red carpet.....!!
- Sheer Cover Concealer Cream
- Black Eye shadow: MAC Carbon Black
- Darker Purple Inglot shade Matte 377
- Lighter Purple: From Oriflame
- Highlighter: MAC Rice Paper
- Rimmel Glam Mascara
- Lakme Eyeconic Kajal
- Lakme Absolute Liquid Eye Liner
- Brushes: MAC 217 for blending, MAC 219 Pencil Brush, Basic Care Flat Shader Brush and Sheer Cover Concealer Brush
IF you try this out please dont forget to mail me the pics :)
Photo Courtesy: Mr. Husband