Review and EOTD with L’Oreal Super Liner Instant Impact Felt Liner in Black 01
Like most kids, drawing has been my favorite hobby during my childhood. And after I graduated from crayons and before water colors came into my life, sketch pens were a big thing for me. Even today I have an affinity towards sketch pens. The only difference, the canvas has changed (I like markers plus white boards in my office presentations).
So the Liner pens (I look at them like sketch pens) with the perfect nib are a big time blessings for girls who love the winged liners. They are easy, dark, and gives more control and precision.
So does the L’Oreal pass the test in the Eye pen liners category??
“A sponge tipped felt pen with deep colour for instant impact. Light up your eyes! Thanks to its soft and supple sponge tipped pen, Superliner Instant Impact Felt gives a quick, easy and uniform application. Create a line as thick or as delicate as you wish. Hold the eyelid taut with your other hand to facilitate application. Superliner is a liquid eyeliner in a special sponge tipped pen and thus the colour can be applied with ease and precision as thin fine lines or thick sultry flicks.”
INR 725 per 6ml
- Shade: Semi matte black in color. I would have wanted the shade to be blacker with a shinier finish. As the black is not so “black”. I first apply a gel liner (not the wings) and top it up with the pen liner and start drawing the wing.
- Finish: As said it’s not shiny. Wish it was. A semi matte finish (rather dull if used alone).
- Texture: The texture is smooth and doesn’t tug while application. Neither does it turn flaky or powdery after prolonged sustenance on the eye lids. Shows up well on oily eye lids as well.
- Longevity & Anti Smudge Property: This is definitely a remarkable property of this pen eye liner. Stays on my lids 8-9 hours as it is. Of course I hardly use it alone. When used alone it fades on the outer corners, but that’s mainly coz I keep my hands on my face and work. The fingers keep touching the eye corner, knowing or unknowingly.
Lasted me about 4 months.
- Applicator: The pen nib is long giving a better control while drawing the line or winging out. The thickness is also appropriate for application. The tip of the nib is sharp and pointed that ensures a precision. What I also like about the nib is it’s neither too stiff nor overly flexible. This gives so much of control while gliding it from the outer corner to the inner corner of the eye.
- Packaging: The packaging is also very convenient. Light weight but sturdy. Another great thing about this pen is you don’t have to hold it upside down for the ink to come to the nib (capillary action). The ink is always there for application.
- Great as an applicator with lots of control and precision
- Doesn’t smudge or spread on the lids
- Long lasting, stays for 8-9 hours
- Great packaging
- Not jet black in shade
- High price
L’Oreal Super Liner Instant Impact Felt Liner does an excellent job as pen liner. The longevity is also superb.
The only scope where it lags is probably the shade which I wish was darker, which I correct by using a gel or a pencil liner and then top it with this. Overall just because of its applicator and longevity I have no calms with it and I go back to it every morning while getting ready for work.